[asterisk-users] DAHDI phantom pickup when ringing

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 02:33:33 CST 2010

On 24 November 2010 01:20, Lyle Giese <lyle at lcrcomputer.net> wrote:

> Post the revelent portions of your extension.conf.  Maybe you have a logic
> error somewhere.
>
> Thanks Lyle.

My extensions.conf is fairly simple in this regard; I use macro-stdexten:

 [macro-stdexten];
exten => s,1,NoOp('${CALLERID(NAME)}' [${CALLERID(NUM)}] calling [${ARG1}])
exten => s,n,Set(MBOXCONTEXT=****)
exten => s,n,Dial(${ARG1},30)                   ; Ring the interface, 30
seconds maximum
exten => s,n,MailboxExists(${MACRO_EXTEN}@${MBOXCONTEXT})
exten => s,n,NoOp(Got mailbox status of '${VMBOXEXISTSSTATUS}')
exten =>
s,n,GotoIf($["${VMBOXEXISTSSTATUS}"="SUCCESS"]?s-Voicemail,1:s-NOANSWER,1)

and it is called with
"SIP/****&DAHDI/1r1&DAHDI/3r1&DAHDI/5r1&DAHDI/7r3&SIP/****&SIP/****&SIP/****&SIP/****&SIP/****&DAHDI/2&DAHDI/4&DAHDI/6"

Have you tried to move the set from channel 5 to 8 and 7 to 9? (to see if
> one or two of the fxs channels have gone bad in the chan bank?)
>
> Good idea, thank you - I will try this tonight.

> It could also be a power supply issue inside the Zhone that tries to 'trip'
> the ringing.

Hmm - not sure how I might determine whether this is the case or not.. It
only seems to occur on some channels, at the moment.

Thanks,

Jonathan