[asterisk-users] DAHDI phantom pickup when ringing

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Tue Nov 23 19:20:50 CST 2010

Jonathan Hunter wrote:
> On 21 November 2010 23:13, Jonathan Hunter <jmhunter1 at gmail.com
> <mailto:jmhunter1 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     I've been experiencing trouble with my DAHDI channels for some
>     time and have finally decided to try and resolve the issue.
>
>     Essentially, the problem I am having is that when a call comes in,
>     and my DAHDI phones therefore ring, Asterisk thinks that one of
>     the handsets has picked up to answer the incoming call - whereas
>     in actual fact it is still on hook. The call then gets instantly
>     dropped (the phone is on-hook, after all), and the caller has to
>     redial.
>

> There has been no reply on this for a few days - is there a more
> appropriate forum I should be utilising, or is it just that nobody
> else has had these issues?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> "If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
> research, would it?"
>       - Albert Einstein
Post the revelent portions of your extension.conf.  Maybe you have a
logic error somewhere.

Have you tried to move the set from channel 5 to 8 and 7 to 9? (to see
if one or two of the fxs channels have gone bad in the chan bank?)

It could also be a power supply issue inside the Zhone that tries to
'trip' the ringing.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.