[asterisk-users] Any good guides for installing Asterisk on Embedded systems like Alix boards?

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Nov 8 18:24:53 CST 2010

Bruce B wrote:
> Thanks. I think I would still need a firewall. Maybe a 1u rack
> double enclosure for two Alix boards - one as firewall - and one as
> PBX would do better.
>
> Anyhow, I don't want to open the box if I don't have to. Is there any
> way I can push the .gz file over console cable rather than putting the
> CF in a reader?

DO you mean once you have built the system?
AstLinux has an upgrade facility built into the system, with the ability
to revert to the previous version, all built into the web interface.
To initially build the system, it seems to me you would need to put the
first OS on the CF card to get the board alive.

And if you have an Alix with 2 Ethernet ports, why a second one as a
firewall?  AstLinux has a built in firewall
You did say a SMALL office, didn't you?

John Novack

Dog is my Co-pilot