[asterisk-users] Soundpoint IP 430 -- discontinued.

Michael Graves mgraves at mstvp.com
Fri Nov 5 21:45:37 CDT 2010

On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:02:43 -0400, Mike wrote:

>On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:35 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>
>> Hey, all.  I'm in the middle of a rollout, and just learned that the
>> SoundPoint IP 430 -- my favorite mid-range phone -- has been discontinued.
>> The heir apparent is the SoundPoint IP 450 -- for a low, low, low $130
>> more/handset.  AND it doesn't look as nice.
>>
>> Ouch.
>>
>> Does anyone have any recommendations -- Polycom or otherwise -- for a
>> good-quality, mid-range, two-line SIP phone (with good speakerphone)
>> for ~$150/ea.?  I realize that there are still some 430's to be had,
>> but they won't be around forever, and now might be the right time for
>> me to be moving forward.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Ken
>>

>I have a 450 and it's got to be one of my favorite poly's. Great phone. But
>if you only want 2 line, go for the 3xx series.
>
>The problem with the Polycom 3xx series is that Polycom decided to be cheap
>on the phone UI, and it`s dramatically less-friendly than the other phones
>for anything else than simple calling/answering.
>
>Mike

Yep. I love my IP650....really like the IP550.....have a bunch of users
with IP450s...but simply won't subject our staff to the IP335.

I regretted buying a bunch of refurb'd IP430s a while back.

The larger display and added buttons are worth the price, IHMO.

The memory of the bargain fades all too quickly. The sense that the
phone is either cheap or annoying sticks with you forever.

Life's just too short to use a cheap phone.

Michael

--
Michael Graves
mgraves<at>mstvp.com