[asterisk-users] Soundpoint IP 430 -- discontinued.

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Fri Nov 5 22:09:19 CDT 2010

On Nov 5, 2010, at 10:45 PM, Michael Graves wrote:

> On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:02:43 -0400, Mike wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:35 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
>>
>>> Hey, all.  I'm in the middle of a rollout, and just learned that the
>>> SoundPoint IP 430 -- my favorite mid-range phone -- has been discontinued.
>>> The heir apparent is the SoundPoint IP 450 -- for a low, low, low $130
>>> more/handset.  AND it doesn't look as nice.
>>>
>>> [snip]
>>
>> I have a 450 and it's got to be one of my favorite poly's. Great phone. But
>> if you only want 2 line, go for the 3xx series.
>>
>> The problem with the Polycom 3xx series is that Polycom decided to be cheap
>> on the phone UI, and it`s dramatically less-friendly than the other phones
>> for anything else than simple calling/answering.
>>
>> Mike
>
> Yep. I love my IP650....really like the IP550.....have a bunch of users
> with IP450s...but simply won't subject our staff to the IP335.
>
> I regretted buying a bunch of refurb'd IP430s a while back.
>
> The larger display and added buttons are worth the price, IHMO.
>
> The memory of the bargain fades all too quickly. The sense that the
> phone is either cheap or annoying sticks with you forever.
>
> Life's just too short to use a cheap phone.
>
> Michael

I really like my 450 (again). I had used the 650 and the 550... but the 450 covered everything I needed and has a special place as my first HD phone ;)

Curious Michael... Why won't you subject people to the 335's? I love these phones for a call center deployment. The are a fantastic agent phone... let alone a great phone for kitchens, break rooms, lobby, etc. But I love them as an agent phone. Deploying them a few hundred at a time is great, and rarely hear a complaint.

---fred
http://qxork.com