[asterisk-users] Soundpoint IP 430 -- discontinued.

Mike list at net-wall.com
Fri Nov 5 18:02:43 CDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Fred Posner
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2010 5:38 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Soundpoint IP 430 -- discontinued.

On Nov 5, 2010, at 5:35 PM, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> Hey, all.  I'm in the middle of a rollout, and just learned that the
> SoundPoint IP 430 -- my favorite mid-range phone -- has been discontinued.
> The heir apparent is the SoundPoint IP 450 -- for a low, low, low $130
> more/handset.  AND it doesn't look as nice.
>
> Ouch.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations -- Polycom or otherwise -- for a
> good-quality, mid-range, two-line SIP phone (with good speakerphone)
> for ~$150/ea.?  I realize that there are still some 430's to be had,
> but they won't be around forever, and now might be the right time for
> me to be moving forward.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Ken

I have a 450 and it's got to be one of my favorite poly's. Great phone. But
if you only want 2 line, go for the 3xx series.

The problem with the Polycom 3xx series is that Polycom decided to be cheap
on the phone UI, and it`s dramatically less-friendly than the other phones
for anything else than simple calling/answering.

Mike