[asterisk-users] Migration from 1.2 to 1.8 in production

Stefan Schmidt sst at sil.at
Wed Nov 3 09:42:21 CDT 2010

Am 03.11.10 15:14, schrieb satish patel:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> We are running asterisk 1.2.x version in production environment since last 5 year and we have no issue at all, But now time to upgrade. and i heard about 1.8 which has introduce many features. I am wondering should I use asterisk 1.8 in production ? or should I go with 1.4 or 1.6 stable version?
>
> I would like if you suggest me which version would be good for production since asterisk 1.8 still in beta process.
>
> Thanks,
> S. Patel

Hello Patel,

it hardly depends on how many users and concurrent calls you have in
your system cause i have recognized 1.2 can handle much more peers than
1.6 or 1.8.

maybe you should try to setup a test server and first try it with your
setup and some load tests if everything is working as you expect.

best regards

stefan