[asterisk-users] IAX or SIP - connecting two Asterisk servers together

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Tue Nov 2 14:46:22 CDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 03:20:48PM -0400, Silver Thorne wrote:

>I am not looking for someone to do this for me, I am just not really
>sure how to get started. Perhaps some suggested reading, examples,
>etc?

The simplest approach would be to skip the answering and just dial
through immediately, feeding back the destination's ring tone to the
originator.

Set up an IAX link between the two boxes (you could do it with SIP, but
I found IAX less trouble), then set up an appropriate bit of dialplan
logic on the American box, as it might be:

exten => 4682,1,Dial(IAX2/username at eurobox/8873)

Roger