[asterisk-users] IAX or SIP - connecting two Asterisk servers together

Silver Thorne zoraxus at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 14:20:48 CDT 2010

Hello Folks;

Again, excuse my cluelessness.

I have an Asterisk server in the US - and I want to connect it to one in
Europe.

Here is my scenario:

   1. call a phone number, my Asterisk box in the US answers
   2. perhaps a 'please wait' voice message
   3. it dials an extension on the other Asterisk box in Europe.

I am not looking for someone to do this for me, I am just not really
sure how to get started. Perhaps some suggested reading, examples, etc?

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks much.

Glen