[asterisk-users] "ring splash"

Tim Nelson tnelson at rockbochs.com
Wed May 26 13:16:00 CDT 2010

----- "Jeff LaCoursiere" <jeff at jeff.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 May 2010, Brent Davidson wrote:
>
> > Just set the POTS lines to answer after a second ring rather than
> after
> > the first.  Problem solved.
>
> Now that sounds like a good plan.  But a quick look through the
> options in
> zapata.conf don't show any kind of option for waiting before pickup.

It would be in your dialplan. (Untested, OTMH, etc) Dialplan:

[from-analog-lines]
exten => s,1,Wait(2)
exten => s,n,Answer()
exten => s,n,Play(tt-monkeys)
exten => h,1,Hangup()

Again, that is untested, just off the top of my head. The key is putting a "wait" before your Answer(). A phantom ring/ring splash should fade away before the Wait() period is finished, therefore not hitting your Answer() or Dial() or whatever you have causing all sorts of panic and grief. :-)

--Tim