[asterisk-users] "ring splash"

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at jeff.net
Wed May 26 13:10:11 CDT 2010

On Wed, 26 May 2010, Brent Davidson wrote:

> Just set the POTS lines to answer after a second ring rather than after
> the first.  Problem solved.

Now that sounds like a good plan.  But a quick look through the options in
zapata.conf don't show any kind of option for waiting before pickup.
Something that *did* look promising is distinctive ring detection.  Has
anyone used this ability to detect different ring styles?  Presumably with
a lot of trial and error I might be able to detect a ring splash from a
real ring.

ALternatively if someone knows how to actually make the card wait X rings
or seconds before answering, that would be great.  I'm coming up zero on
searches.  Its already set to wait for callerid, so I am a bit confused
why it is picking up on a splash... seems it should wait for that "second"
ring anyway.

Cheers,