[asterisk-users] [Dahdi] "DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1"?

Vincent codecomplete at free.fr
Wed May 26 10:17:08 CDT 2010

Hello

	I'm trying to install Dahdi through source code on a Fedora 13 host
to use an OpenVox PCI card with a single FXO port, but dahdi_cfg -vv
isn't happy.

1. After successfully running "make all; make install; make config", I
edited /etc/dahdi/system.conf thusly:

loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr
fxsks=1

2. Then ran "dahdi_cfg -vv" which says:
-------------
DAHDI Tools Version - 2.3.0

DAHDI Version: 2.3.0
Echo Canceller(s):
Configuration
======================

Channel map:

Channel 01: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Echo Canceler: none) (Slaves: 01)

1 channels to configure.

DAHDI_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
-------------

3. So I ran "lscpi -v":

03:00.0 Communication controller: Tiger Jet Network Inc. Tiger3XX
Modem/ISDN interface
        Subsystem: Device b100:0003
        I/O ports at a000 [size=256]
        Memory at e2000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
        Kernel driver in use: netjet
        Kernel modules: wctdm, hisax, netjet

FWIW, when I run "modprobe wctdm" followed by "lsmod":

# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
wctdm                  31892  0
dahdi                 180789  1 wctdm
netjet                 12563  0
isdnhdlc                3343  1 netjet
crc_ccitt               1217  2 dahdi,isdnhdlc
mISDNipac              28346  1 netjet
mISDN_core             61414  3 netjet,mISDNipac

I'm not sure whether I should use the wctdm driver or this "netjet"
driver which I've never seen before.
Could it be that "dahdi_genconf modules" added some ISDN-related items
that I don't need?

Thank you.