[asterisk-users] OT: Windows TAPI command-line driver

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 10:09:09 CDT 2010

On 26 May 2010 15:59, Mike <list at virtutel.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a bit off-topic, but still related to telephony.  Is there a
> barebones TAPI driver that exists that would allow me to call up a command
> line with, as parameter, the number to dial.

There is a command-line tool "dialer.exe" that comes with Windows that
allows you to dial through TAPI:

    "dialer.exe 555-555-5555"

as you suggest. There would be no reason to use this in Outlook though
as Outlook can call into the TAPI subsystem natively, and does so by
default if you correctly configure your "Phones and Modems" under
Control panel, and have a suitable TAPI module configured to talk to
your PABX.

If you are missing the TAPI component, Google "Xtelsio" or "Activa TSP"

Regards,
Steve