[asterisk-users] Help with IP Routing

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Wed May 26 08:46:51 CDT 2010

Hello,

if the remote side (the public IP side) is capable to do
something like asterisk's nat=yes (in sip.conf), than
a mascerading router (like every cheap DSL router) would
do enough NAT do let SIP work.

If the remote side does not support that nat-hack (which
is not SIP standard), than you will need a NATing router
also doing a lot of SIP header rewriting.

Maybe the most easy thing will be to install asterisk
on the NATing machine and operating regular SIP links
on both sides.

Roger.