[asterisk-users] Help with IP Routing

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Wed May 26 08:55:12 CDT 2010

Nivin Kumar schrieb:
> Is there a tool that will allow me to automatically change sip headers
> in realtime?

Hi,

imho changing the SIP headers will not be sufficient, since
the "old" IP addresses are now private IP addresses (only in
your network, outside, there are still public, but pointing
not to  your equipment).

You will need a gateway, which does both:
NAT 1:1, old IP addresses <-> new IP addresses

and

rewriting or all SIP headers, including those headers concerning
the RTP endpoints.

Maybe, you can do this with OpenSIPS. But I'm not sure about the
SIP-headers for RTP.

For H.323, it is imho less complicate, since it is robust for NAT
and has no headers including IP addresses.

Regards,
Roger.