[asterisk-users] Help with IP Routing

Adam Moffett adam at plexicomm.net
Wed May 26 10:30:10 CDT 2010

Skip the whole NAT scenario.

Put up an asterisk box with two network interfaces.  One interface
connects to the real world on your new IP address from your new ISP.
The other interface can be on the same subnet as the windows box that
you can't change.  Set up a SIP trunk to your Windows box.  Use packet 2
packet bridging in asterisk.  Now that the emergency is over you can
migrate off of your Windows thing at a more comfortable pace.

You will be using someone else's public IP privately for awhile, but the
main thing affected by that is your asterisk box won't be able to talk
to anybody in that subnet in the outside world.  You'll have to
determine how bad of a thing that would be.

BTW:  What the heck is this software?  Sounds like whoever wrote that
wasn't thinking ahead.