[asterisk-users] Bug or feature: comments in chan_dahdi.conf.sample

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Sun May 9 04:45:16 CDT 2010

Hi,

1. From chan_dahdi.conf.sample (asterisk 1.6.1.18) :
; Switchtype:  Only used for PRI.
;
; national:       National ISDN 2 (default)
; dms100:         Nortel DMS100
; 4ess:           AT&T 4ESS
; 5ess:           Lucent 5ESS
; euroisdn:       EuroISDN (common in Europe)
; ni1:            Old National ISDN 1
; qsig:           Q.SIG
;
;switchtype=euroisdn

At the same time, dahdi_genconf generates files in which there is:
; Span 1: B4/0/1 "B4XXP (PCI) Card 0 Span 1" (MASTER) AMI/CCS
group=1,11
context=remote
switchtype = euroisdn
signalling = bri_cpe
channel => 1-2
context = default
group = 63

Does switchtype parameter also apply to BRI ?
If positive, should we change this "; Switchtype:  Only used for PRI"
comment ?

2. In chan_dahdi.conf.sample, you can also read "; national:       National
ISDN 2 (default)".
Using dahdi_genconf and without changing any default, I can see that
switchtype  is defaulted to euroisdn.
Should this "Switchtype default" comment be changed ?

Regards