[asterisk-users] Do i really need Dahdi and Libpri.

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Mon Mar 22 03:28:12 CDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 19:00 -0400, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> Good to know. I'll try that. I needed such solution for a client few
> months ago.
>
> > On 2010-03-21 6:06 PM, "Gordon Henderson" <gordon
> > +asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
> >

> > On Sun, 21 Mar 2010, Zeeshan Zakaria wrote:
> >
> > > Virtual machine will not be able to access dahdi hard...
> >
> > It will depend on the virtualisation technology you use... I'm
> > currently
> > using LXC and can easily give a container full hardware access if
> > required. Certianly no issues with dahdi_dummy...
> >
> > Gordon

With XEN you can do forwarding of complete pci-devices.
They become hidden from the main-system (dom-0) and exclusively
available for the client (dom-U)

Personally I've done it for crypto devices,
I've seen on several lists that others have done it for network-, VGA-,
isdn-, videocapture-boards.
So i presume dahdi-boards will pose no exception...

hw