[asterisk-users] Polycom DHCP Option 66 FTP provisioning

Karl Fife karlfife at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 12:24:18 CDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lee, John (Sydney)" <John.Lee at compuware.com>
<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:50 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Polycom DHCP Option 66 FTP provisioning

>> I'll see if E4Strategies can open a support ticket at Polycom.
>> They're really good about stuff like that.  I'll let you know either
> way.
>>
> What is E4Strategies?
> Polycom support is hopeless in Oz.  They just shove you to some
> distributer who only knows to replace your hardware.

e4strategies is the where I bought all of my Polycom hardware.

It would seem that e4 moves enough Polycom hardware so P pays attention to
e4 when they open a support ticket, [which is why] I (and others) buy
Polycom from e4, which is why P pays attention to e4 , which is why others
buy from e4...  Loop: goto [which is why] :-)

Preliminarily it appears that option 66 will only work with TFTP, but I'll
follow up with whether or not that's  'official' or de-facto.

-Karl