[asterisk-users] DID/CID doesn't match "." (dot) in CID field

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Tue Mar 16 08:19:52 CDT 2010

Daniel--

Haven't tried this myself, but have you tried '[.]' instead of just '.' in
the string (as a pattern search)?

So,

[example]
exten => _test[.]skype/e[x]ample[.]skype,1, NoOp(nothing)
exten => _test[.]skype/e[x]ample[.]skype,n, Hangup()

If you don't really mean the cid matching (denoted with /), you have to also
'escape' the '/'...

and watch out for N,X,Z in the pattern, they mean something, and will have
to be 'escaped'
like the '.' if you want them to match literally. I can't remember how case
is handled at the
moment, so... just for safety, you can 'escape' the little 'x' also...

murf

On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Daniel Grotti <daniel.grotti at klarya.it>wrote:

>  Hi all,
> using Skype for Asterisk I have the following problem.
> In my dialplan I need to have a CID matching (example.skype) over a DID
> (test.skype) :
>
> [example]
> exten => test.skype/example.skype,1, NoOp(nothing)
> exten => test.skype/example.skype,n, Hangup()
>
> Where test.skype and example.skype are Skype business account.
> In this case, when I get a :
>
> CLI> show dialplan example
>
> I get:
>
> [ Context 'example' created by 'pbx_config' ]
>   '*test.example*' (CID match '*danexample*') =>  1.
> NoOp(nothing)                              [pbx_config]
>                     2. Hangup()
>                                                 [pbx_config]
>

> As you can see, the "." (dot) is disappeared and, of course, CID matching
> doesn't work as I aspected.
> I've try to escape "." with something like that "\.", but nothing.
> It seems that asterisk doesn't consider "." in DID/CID  evaluations.
> This is an important point, because many Skype account uses "dot" notation.
>
> It seems to work, instead, with "_" or "-".
>
> Any clues?
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel
>

> --