[asterisk-users] DID/CID doesn't match "." (dot) in CID field

Daniel Grotti daniel.grotti at klarya.it
Tue Mar 16 06:59:29 CDT 2010

Hi all,
using Skype for Asterisk I have the following problem.
In my dialplan I need to have a CID matching (example.skype) over a DID
(test.skype) :

[example]
exten => test.skype/example.skype,1, NoOp(nothing)
exten => test.skype/example.skype,n, Hangup()

Where test.skype and example.skype are Skype business account.
In this case, when I get a :

CLI> show dialplan example

I get:

[ Context 'example' created by 'pbx_config' ]
   '*test.example*' (CID match '*danexample*') =>  1.
NoOp(nothing)                              [pbx_config]
                     2. Hangup()
                                                     [pbx_config]

As you can see, the "." (dot) is disappeared and, of course, CID
matching doesn't work as I aspected.
I've try to escape "." with something like that "\.", but nothing.
It seems that asterisk doesn't consider "." in DID/CID  evaluations.
This is an important point, because many Skype account uses "dot" notation.

It seems to work, instead, with "_" or "-".

Any clues?

Regards,

Daniel