[asterisk-users] Unable to forward voice or dtmf

Alejandro Recarey alexrecarey at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 20:19:07 CST 2010

Hi all,

I am worried because on my production asterisk servers, I am receiving
these errors every 2-3 minutes. my log files are full of them:

WARNING[xxx] app_dial.c: Unable to forward voice or dtmf

and also, less frequent:

WARNING[xxx] app_dial.c: Unable to write frame

How can I find out what is causing this problem? If anybody can point
me in the right direction I would be very grateful. My server is on a
public IP address, and all of my customers are behind NAT. I have set
canreinvite=no to keep RTP traffic and thus make it easier to get
around NAT issues. All of these calls are terminated at another
asterisk server with E1 connections, so there is only one place where
NAT is present in our network. Also, all of the calls are inbound
(NAT'ed customers call the public IP asterisk server)

Regards,

Alex