[asterisk-users] Uverse, Asterisk and SIP

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Fri Mar 5 12:26:30 CST 2010

On Mar 5, 2010, at 1:01 PM, sean darcy wrote:

> The issues are that sip doesn't work,

What does "doesn't work" mean? In  / Out? Both? Do you have a sip trace?

> even though this same set up
> worked with POTS dsl. IAX does (but gives lousy audio quality) so I
> don't believe all udp ports are blocked.
>
> ifconfig on my linux router box shows the public address. I can ssh
> into that box from the outside. This is a dynamic address, so I use
> Register to set the incoming ip address. As far as I can tell the
> Register never gets to another asterisk box I can inspect.

does your sip.conf show your external ip?

> I will try setting the home router address in the office asterisk box
> to see if that works and try a call from office to home, even though
> it's not a long term fix.
>
> sean

With att uverse I set the firewall on the att router off, my internal router/firewall to get the public ip via dhcp (it will give you a public ip and not a private one), and then set the sip.conf parameters.

---fred