[asterisk-users] Uverse, Asterisk and SIP

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:01:11 CST 2010

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 1:23 PM, Fred Posner <fred at teamforrest.com> wrote:

> On Mar 3, 2010, at 1:03 PM, sean darcy wrote:
>
>> Well at least my RG doesn't let you use DMZplus _unless_ you've chosen
>> dhcp. So I did. And the RG shows the router as DMZplus. And I can ssh
>> into my router from the internet.
>>
>> Anybody else got this working?
>>
>> sean
>>

> What are the issues? First, do you have a public IP or private IP from the DHCP server. If it's private, then it's not set up correctly. If it's public, make sure you've updated your sip.conf with the public ip as an external address.
>
> ---fred
> http://qxork.com
>

> --

The issues are that sip doesn't work, even though this same set up
worked with POTS dsl. IAX does (but gives lousy audio quality) so I
don't believe all udp ports are blocked.

ifconfig on my linux router box shows the public address. I can ssh
into that box from the outside. This is a dynamic address, so I use
Register to set the incoming ip address. As far as I can tell the
Register never gets to another asterisk box I can inspect.

I will try setting the home router address in the office asterisk box
to see if that works and try a call from office to home, even though
it's not a long term fix.

sean