[asterisk-users] Denial of Service Attack

Dan Journo dan at keshercommunications.com
Fri Mar 5 10:17:27 CST 2010

Hi,

I currently have a dedicated server with a hosting provider for my voip and the provider is currently experiencing a DOS attack.
I have been looking at purchasing a number of servers and creating my own VOIP setup with redundancy built in.

However, how I can design the system to ensure services remain online in the event a DOS attack is launched?

I use Polycom phones which can connect to two sip servers, so would I simply have to take down the affected SIP server so that all calls are routed through the backup server?
Or is there a better way of doing things?

Many thanks
Dan