[asterisk-users] AMI logs

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Fri Mar 5 11:26:38 CST 2010

AMI does not create any log files itself. If actions cause actions that would otherwise get logged then those of course are logged.

You need to receive the response from your action to see if there were problems.

The AMI protocol calls for sending action packets and then receiving a response or responses back from that action. The response will sometimes have useful information as to why something does not work.

I do not update the voicemail.conf file but here is an example of updating manager.conf:

action:updateconfig
reload:no
srcfilename:base_manager.conf
dstfilename:manager.conf