[asterisk-users] MeetMe and usernum

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Mon Mar 1 12:05:16 CST 2010

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010, Emrah wrote:

> The problem with the command you mentioned is... When do I call it? If
> two people happen to enter the conf at the sametime, I have a feeling
> there may be some little confusion there...

If you are using a database, it may provide generic locking that you can
[ab]use.

For example, MySQL provides "get_lock()" which could be used like:

 	select get_lock('find-usernum', 20);

This would block another process from executing until:

1) 20 seconds is up.

2) the locking process exits.

3) you explicitly release the lock by executing "release_lock()."

--
Thanks in advance,