[asterisk-users] MeetMe and usernum

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 04:00:34 CST 2010

In article <3de056a31003010645x2c4481fbr5b05923d88614baf at mail.gmail.com>,
David Backeberg <dbackeberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 6:42 AM, Emrah <eka at ekanet.net> wrote:
> > I am trying to get the usernum of a user when dialing in to a MeetMe
> > conference. Is there somehow a possibility to save the usernum of a
> > MeetMe participant into a variable? Everything should be done through
> > the DialPlan, no manager and no *cli.
>
> You don't say what version you're running.
>
> I second Steve's claim. Even with 1.6, I can't think of how to do what
> you want without resorting to AGI. Which is technically in the
> dialplan, but you're going to have to do extra work elsewhere.
>
> If you're using 1.6, you will enjoy knowing about 'meetme list xxxx
> concise', which you can then process with awk.
>
> If you absolutely don't want to do AGI, you could always modify
> meetme.c, recompile, and share your work with others. I think you'll
> find that harder than writing an AGI.

Actually it would be fairly simple to add a variable set in the
appropriate part of app_meetme.c:

{
  char temp[12];
  snprintf(tmp, sizeof(tmp), "%d", user->user_no);
  pbx_builtin_setvar_helper(chan, "MEETME_USERNUM", tmp);
}

The problem becomes: how would you use this variable? You can't
execute dialplan statements based on it until the user returns from
the call to MeetMe. That would be fine for logging, but not for
much else.

I think you need to describe your original problem, i.e. why you think
you need the user number. There may be other ways to achieve what you
want.

Tony
--
Tony Mountifield