[asterisk-users] Error - Failed to extend from xxx to xxx

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Sun Jun 27 12:42:07 CDT 2010

On Sunday 27 June 2010 06:54:32 Stuart Elvish wrote:
> Hi Tilghman,
>
> Firstly, thank you very much for your answer. I had assumed it was a
> memory buffer but then moved my attention to the database / database
> connectivity. (The two might still be connected.)
>
> Would it be correct to say that adjusting some of the memory
> allocation settings for the kernel (in sysctl.conf) will rectify this
> situation?

Not having a notion of the actual issue, I have no idea what will solve it.
I can only point you to ast_str_helper() as being the cause of the message,
which is the root function underlying the ast_str_set() and ast_str_append
functions, which implement dynamic strings in Asterisk.

--
Tilghman Lesher