[asterisk-users] Error - Failed to extend from xxx to xxx

Stuart Elvish stuart.elvish at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 06:54:32 CDT 2010

Hi Tilghman,

Firstly, thank you very much for your answer. I had assumed it was a
memory buffer but then moved my attention to the database / database
connectivity. (The two might still be connected.)

Would it be correct to say that adjusting some of the memory
allocation settings for the kernel (in sysctl.conf) will rectify this
situation?

Do you have any pointers which are more specific as to which buffer it
is likely to be?

> 1.6.1.6 is pretty old, and you should, at a minimum, upgrade to the latest
> 1.6.1 release, which is 1.6.1.20.  There are a myriad of bugs that have been
> corrected in that time.  That said, the 1.6.1 branch is in security mode.
> Even if you found a legitimate bug, it is not going to be fixed in branch, and
> there will be no more releases of the 1.6.1 branch, other than for security
> fixes.

Unfortunately the machine is in production and the version can't be
changed. Other than this buffer issue which only came to light
recently we have managed to work around any of the other bugs that
affected our installation (including a MWI bug). Changing Asterisk
version would probably require an additional 100+ hours of testing to
make sure everything still works properly.

Again, thanks for your response.

Kind Regards
Stuart Elvish