[asterisk-users] Call file structure and syntax

Mike Ely mikeely at amyskitchen.net
Tue Jun 22 12:02:10 CDT 2010

Hi there,

I¹ve been looking to do an outbound dialer for systems alerting, etc. and
have in large part followed the recipe here:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out

That and the associated pages at voip-info give a basic set of recipes for
callfiles, but nowhere there or in my copy of the O¹Reilly book by Meggelen,
Madsen, & Smith can I find a detailed discussion of what goes into a
callfile, how to get it to do things like interact with the shell (I¹d like
³Press 2² in my outbound call to do something of value), etc.  I¹ve googled
around but haven¹t found what I¹m looking for, just other people¹s ³Hello
World² callfiles.  As of now, I can make outbound calls well enough, but
want more...

Can someone point me in the right direction for this?

Thanks,
Mike