[asterisk-users] Call file structure and syntax

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Tue Jun 22 12:31:57 CDT 2010

#1 - once you've got to this point, AMI would be a better option than a call
file

#2 -  using AMI or a call file, you are going to want to use the
context-based method instead of application to get the most "bang for your
buck"

I use a bigger instance of this to play a message and accept 1 or 2 from the
user

; this context is used by AMI to play a message

[accept]

exten => s,1,Answer

exten => s,n,Background(important)

exten => s,n,WaitExten(5,m)

exten => 1,1,ForkCDR(v,s(fullcmd=${Data}))

exten => 1,n,Background(${Data})

exten => 1,n,Background(repeatmsg)

exten => 1,n,WaitExten(5,m)

exten => 1,n,Hangup

exten => 2,1,Background(calllater)

exten => 2,n,ForkCDR(v,s(reject=${Data}))

exten => 2,n,Hangup

exten => 3,1,Goto(accept|1|2)

exten => *,1,Goto(accept|s|1)

exten => i,1,Goto(accept|s|1)

exten => t,1,Goto(accept|s|1)

here's the call file

Action => 'Originate',

                                  Channel => DAHDI/1,

                                  Variable => "Data=/tmp/test.gsm",

                                  Exten => 'SIP/170',

                                  Context => 'accept',

                                  priority => 1,

                                  Number => 5551212

Using the accept context, 5551212 is called on DAHDI/1 and user hears
important.gsm.  then they press 1 to hear test.gsm or 2 to hear it later.

Hope this is helpful.

  _____