[asterisk-users] Sangoma - how to show channels in use?

Jeff LaCoursiere jeff at sunfone.com
Tue Jun 22 18:54:27 CDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Danny Nicholas wrote:

> Since you are already grepping, just add a grep -e zombie (you should
> probably go ahead and do "core show channels" instead of "show channels"
> since this will bite you at some time in the future).

True.  Its an old script ;)  But I used the "zombie" term adjectively -
there is no "zombie" text in the output.  I just know that a call is not
still ringing hours after it was initially placed.  Not sure how it is
getting into that state... here is an example excerpt:

Zap/5-1              18666902511 at from-pst Ringing AppDial((Outgoing Line))
SIP/7157787-08331ec8 18666902511 at resident Ring    Dial(Zap/g0/18666902511)
Zap/3-1              18666902511 at from-pst Ringing AppDial((Outgoing Line))
SIP/7157787-08335df0 18666902511 at resident Ring    Dial(Zap/g0/18666902511)
Zap/2-1              18666902511 at from-pst Ringing AppDial((Outgoing Line))
SIP/7157787-b6d28360 18666902511 at resident Ring    Dial(Zap/g0/18666902511)

It kind of looks like this one SIP endpoint tried to make the same call
three times in a row without success, and all of the calls show as still
active, though I know they are not (in fact they show as still ringing).
So are channels 2, 3, and 5 actually still "busy" from the telco's
perspective because asterisk is keeping them open?  That would suck.  A
lot.

I did get a reply from Sangoma, who basically said that their driver
doesn't know about the individual channels - that is totally handled by
asterisk.

So it seems there is no way other than what I am already doing to judge
the channels in use?

Thanks,