[asterisk-users] Dual Atom mobo - call capacity

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Jun 11 02:06:13 CDT 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010, Michelle Dupuis wrote:

> I'm looking for a small formfactor mobo for an install that needs to
> handle 25 phone sets (no transcoding).  I found a new dual atom 1.66GHz
> mobo - anyone know what kinds of call volume that will handle?

This question comes up all the time - I've posted replies, others have,
you can search the list archives or the voip-info wiki.

I benchamrked a 500MHz VIA Geode processor to 85 calls without
transcoding. A 1.6GHz Atom can handle 100's.

(I use fanless Atom processors in my hosted servers. They're handling
100's of calls.)

Gordon