[asterisk-users] sipconnect 1.0

James Puckett jpuckett at e-c-group.com
Wed Jun 2 10:52:28 CDT 2010

I've been struggling with a Trixbox running Asterisk 1.6 for one of our customers as of late.

The service provider in question is using BroadWorks and requires a single trunk registration for the trunk group.  We have 4 users(lines/numbers) in the TG.

The sip trunk is setup as follows:

type=peer
host=192.168.1.1
fromuser=<tgid>
fromdomain=<sip domain>
dtmfmode=rfc2833
allow=ulaw
insecure=invite,port
context=from-trunk
secret=password
nat=yes
username=<tgid>

with a registration at:

Using the above configuration, the trixbox successfully registers to the BroadWorks.  I also enabled RPID in the Asterisk.

Each of the four SIP phones is registered with the Trixbox and are set to use the siptrunk for outbound calls.

So, outbound calls (SIP/Asterisk -> PSTN/Broadworks) work properly.  The RPID is set to the TGID and the From is set to the CLID from the SIP phone user.

Broadworks likes this, treats these calls as sipconnect 1.0 type 2 calls, and the outbound calls are successful.

However, inbound calls are signaled similarly with RPID and To, but the Asterisk keys on the RPID.  We have no user or route for the TG number and therefore the calls fail.

We don't want to route based on the RPID, but on the To as the sipconnect 1.0 type 2 signaling suggests.

Is there are way to have Asterisk use the To instead of the RPID to find the correct extension?

Can anyone provide any guidance on how to configure the Asterisk to be SIPConnect compliant?

James Puckett - Engineers' Consulting Group
Phone 229-316-0012 - Fax 229-316-1490