[asterisk-users] Where should I look for MWI settings if Aastra phones don't do it?

bruce bruce bruceb444 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:34:15 CDT 2010

Thanks for the input guys. I don't use .xml files for Aastra. Everything is
done on the UI.

#voicemail show users:

*Context    Mbox  User                      Zone       NewMsg*
*|default    007   Alex                                             2*
*default    2100  Peter                                            1*
*
*
This system is using FreePBX, so I checked the Device and Users in asterisk
tables and they have "default" for voicemail setup which I think is right. I
can also see the msg0000.txt in a folder that has new voicemail waiting.
However, I am not sure about privileges though. Here is it:

[root at elastix INBOX]# ls -la
total 284
drwxrwxr-x 2 asterisk asterisk   4096 Jul 14 09:57 .
drwxrwxr-x 8 asterisk asterisk   4096 Jul 13 11:57 ..
*-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk    282 Jul 12 18:46 msg0000.txt*
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk  83244 Jul 12 18:46 msg0000.wav
-rwxrwxr-x 1 asterisk asterisk   8510 Jul 12 18:46 msg0000.WAV
*-rw------- 1 asterisk asterisk    261 Jul 14 09:57 msg0001.txt*
-rwx------ 1 asterisk asterisk 150124 Jul 14 09:57 msg0001.wav
-rwx------ 1 asterisk asterisk  15270 Jul 14 09:57 msg0001.WAV

Thanks,