[asterisk-users] Where should I look for MWI settings if Aastra phones don't do it?

Steve Johnson stevej456 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:25:57 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:04 AM, bruce bruce <bruceb444 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Running Asterisk v1.4.26 (Elastix flavour) and have Aastra 9480i, 6757i, and
> 6730i, but none of them indicate the voic-email. Where should I look for
> trouble to find the root issue for MWI?

(1) Check from the CLI> voicemail show users

to ensure that the proper mailboxes have been set up and there is new
mail in them.  If this is not right, check the voicemail.conf entry
for this mailbox.

(2) Check the phone device configuration (in sip.conf) to ensure that
the phone has a mailbox=xxx entry.

for example:

;entry in sip.conf for extension 115
[115]
context=yourcontext
mailbox=115

Restart asterisk if you've made changes and re-test.