[asterisk-users] Trouble getting feature codes to work

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Fri Jan 22 06:02:42 CST 2010

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 21.01.2010, 21:08 -0500 schrieb hugolivude:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting feature codes to work in Asterisk 1.4.21.2.
> Features.conf contians this:
>
> blindxfer=##
> atxfer=*2
> automon=*1
> disconnect=**
>
> I'm really most interested in getting disconnect to work so that I
> hear "Goodbye" when I press ** during a call connected this way in my
> dial plan:
>
> exten => 1,n,Dial(SIP/14168724765 at 6135551212-sw1|120|gtT)
> exten => 1,n,Playback(vm-goodbye)
>
> The call works fine and the CLI tells me that ** is an active feature:
>
> Builtin Feature           Default Current
> ---------------           ------- -------
> Pickup                    *8      *8
> Blind Transfer            #       ##
> Attended Transfer                 *2
> One Touch Monitor                 *1
> Disconnect Call           *       **
> Park Call
>
> When I press ** during a call though, nothing appears in the CLI
> (verbosity = 4).   I do it very quickly so I don't believe timeout is
> an issue.

As DTMF recognition is not the problem (as You told in the other post),
You can check two other things:
1) Exclude the timing issue: Are the other 2-character feature codes
working? What about testing with a 1-character code setting or with a
featuretimeout in the conf-file (I believe the default is very short)
2) If this is a sip-to-sip call, check if asterisk stays in the audio
path (you can check it with a network sniffer like tcpdump or
wireshark).

HTH, have a nice weekend,

Karsten