[asterisk-users] Inquiry:How to define incoming route for sip?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jan 6 05:55:57 CST 2010

Hi,

I noticed you always prefix 'Inquiry:' to your questions on the list.
This is implied from the subject line itself, and wastes some space in
the subject line, so I guess it is kind of pointless.

Now to the question itself,

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 10:44:31AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:

> Can you please let me know how can I define incoming route to accept
> incoming calls from an external sip server?

Just send them there?

> I have defined the following profile for my sip phone :
> Under sip.conf :
> ---------------------
> [osaka]
> type=friend
> context=sip-outgoing
> host=192.168.0.139
> disallow=all
> allow=alaw

This looks like a local phone, and you direct all the calls coming from
it to the context 'sip-outgoing' .

> [6672019]
> type=friend
> context=sip-outgoing
> canreinvite=no
> host=dynamic
> nat=no

Likewise this one (though it registers).

> Under extensions.conf :
> --------------------------------
> [sip-outgoing]
> include=sip_outgoing
> [sip_outgoing]
> exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/osaka/${EXTEN})
> [line-incoming]
> exten => _6XXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})

Could you explain what you actually want to do? Where do you expect
those SIP calls will come from?

> Please be informed that the sip outbound toward the external sip server is
> quite ok , but sip incoming is not working . Can you please let me know why
> my incoming route is not working properly ?

I would actually go the other way around. Please try to convince us
(which also implies: convince yourself) that your setup should work.
Please try to explain why an incoming call should work according to your
configuration.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com