[asterisk-users] Inquiry:How to define incoming route for sip?

hadi motamedi motamedi24 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 06:10:55 CST 2010

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed you always prefix 'Inquiry:' to your questions on the list.
> This is implied from the subject line itself, and wastes some space in
> the subject line, so I guess it is kind of pointless.
>
> Now to the question itself,
>
> On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 10:44:31AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
>
> > Can you please let me know how can I define incoming route to accept
> > incoming calls from an external sip server?
>
> Just send them there?
>
> > I have defined the following profile for my sip phone :
> > Under sip.conf :
> > ---------------------
> > [osaka]
> > type=friend
> > context=sip-outgoing
> > host=192.168.0.139
> > disallow=all
> > allow=alaw
>
> This looks like a local phone, and you direct all the calls coming from
> it to the context 'sip-outgoing' .
>
> > [6672019]
> > type=friend
> > context=sip-outgoing
> > canreinvite=no
> > host=dynamic
> > nat=no
>
> Likewise this one (though it registers).
>

> > Under extensions.conf :
> > --------------------------------
> > [sip-outgoing]
> > include=sip_outgoing
> > [sip_outgoing]
> > exten => _XXXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/osaka/${EXTEN})
> > [line-incoming]
> > exten => _6XXXXXX,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN})
>
> Could you explain what you actually want to do? Where do you expect
> those SIP calls will come from?
>

> > Please be informed that the sip outbound toward the external sip server
> is
> > quite ok , but sip incoming is not working . Can you please let me know
> why
> > my incoming route is not working properly ?
>
> I would actually go the other way around. Please try to convince us
> (which also implies: convince yourself) that your setup should work.
> Please try to explain why an incoming call should work according to your
> configuration.
>
> --
>               Tzafrir Cohen
> icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com<jabber%3Atzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>
> +972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
> http://www.xorcom.com  iax:guest at local.xorcom.com/tzafrir

Thank you for your reply . I want to correctly route the incoming calls
coming from external sip (named in my profile as osaka) to the destination
(that is my Asterisk subscriber sip phone) . To this end , I defined the
osaka profile in my sip.conf and my Asterisk subscriber phone is at 6672019
that I have defined his profile in my sip.conf as well (as you saw it) .
Then , I tried to define the [sip-outgoing] route in my extensions.conf for
rourting my Asterisk sip subscriber outgoing calls toward the external sip
server (named osaka) and it works here . But my [line-incoming] route for
accepting incoming sip calls from external sip server (osaka) toward my
Asterisk subscriber sip phone at 6672019 fails . Can you please let me know
what is wrong in my configuration ?