[asterisk-users] Polycom VVX1500 video working yet?

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:28:29 CST 2010

On 18 February 2010 00:14, Michael Graves <mgraves at mstvp.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 17:12:01 +0000, Steve Davies wrote:
>
>>On 17 February 2010 16:56, asterisk <Asterisk at nbsvoice.com> wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell if asterisk and Polycom VVX1500 work with video yet?
>>> If so what version?   Is there a patch?
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>> Doug
>>>

>>According to my experimentation, Polycom VVX1500 phones work with
>>"all" versions of Asterisk as far back as 1.2.30, and possibly older.
>>This is with the earliest of the Polycom firmware to support this
>>device.
>>
>>The problem (cause not known) is that Polycom VVX1500 phones only talk
>>to other Polycom VVX1500 phones, making them essentially useless.
>>Perhaps Polycom have fixed this in newer firmware versions - I've not
>>seen such a fix in their changelogs.
>
> This is simply untrue. However, the VVX-1500 is fussy about the video
> that it receives. It supports only CIF and SIF resolutions. Period.
> Send it anything else and you'll likely crash it.

[snip]

I just upgraded to the new bootblock and 3.2.2 firmware, and these
phones will now talk video to other devices. Nothing in the changelogs
indicates why, but there is a definite jump up from the previous
release of this phone.

So, I duly stand corrected.

OTOH, once upgraded, DHCP seems to be broken on these phones where
static IP configuration is working perfectly :(

Regards,
Steve