[asterisk-users] sip to dahdi and billsec

Uros Djokic uros.djokic at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:31:53 CST 2010

It entirely depends on the technology used to interface to the PSTN.
> You have not specified what technology/hardware you are using to connect
> to the PSTN.
>
> For instance if you are using POTS(plain old telephone service - analog
> copper fed lines), you do not get answer supervision back from the telco.--

I am using tdm400 card with one fxo port. I am using analog line so I guess
it's POTS
"analog cooper fed" line. So it is impossible to distinguish ringing from
talking and billsec
must start when ringing begin due missing answer supervision from telco ?

Thanks for reply

Use Free Software http://www.fsf.org/
Four essential software freedoms:
1) To study source code
2) To copy program
3) To modify source code
4) To redistribute modified program under condition that new user has all 4
freedoms.
Richard M. Stallman