[asterisk-users] sip to dahdi and billsec

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Mon Feb 1 08:28:46 CST 2010

Uros Djokic wrote:

>     It entirely depends on the technology used to interface to the PSTN.
>     You have not specified what technology/hardware you are using to connect
>
>     to the PSTN.
>
>     For instance if you are using POTS(plain old telephone service - analog
>     copper fed lines), you do not get answer supervision back from the telco.--
>

> I am using tdm400 card with one fxo port. I am using analog line so I
> guess it's POTS
> "analog cooper fed" line. So it is impossible to distinguish ringing
> from talking and billsec
> must start when ringing begin due missing answer supervision from telco ?
>
> Thanks for reply
Answer supervision is missing in one sense.  It was never part of the
spec for this type of telco line.

You will have to forgive calls under x number of seconds in duration as
if they never occured or get a different type of connection from your
telco that will include answer supervision.

Lyle Giese
LCR Computer Services, Inc.