[asterisk-users] Asterisk for productive Calling Card System

Tarek Sawah tareksawah at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 1 03:25:40 CST 2010

Dear List,
i have been thinking of building a calling cards solution based on Asterisk and a2billing..
i have a few questions regarding this solution and was hoping you may have the answers and could be generous enough to offer them.
the servers i'm thinking of are with the following Specs:
Processor: Intel X3210
Ram: 8Gb
HDD: 2x500 GB Sata
Internet Link: 100mbps Dedicated

was thinking of using one for Database and the other for SIP trunking and calling card purposes.
my questions are:
1- from your experience .. would a server with the previous specs handle a pressure of 200 or more outbound calls and 200 inbound (from access numbers)? what are the approximate concurrent call count supported by this hardware?
2- do you suggest using 64bit Centos or other OS?
3- for such usage what codecs do you prefere? 711u? 723? gsm? knowing that we are after good quality calls.
my experiences are with small call centers up to 40 seats ..
Thank you for your help and support.

--
AHD Tarek Sawah

Integrated Digital Systems