[asterisk-users] Using SIP stack within Asterisk to reboot phones - Possible?

Bruce B bruceb444 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 18:08:23 UTC 2010

Hi Everyone,

I use Asterisk for regularPBX use it's made for. But I want to take it a bit
further and use it at cmmand level to be able to send SIP notifies to
restart a phone or take advantage of a phone's UPnP capabilities. Is
Asterisk capable of that? If so, what is a simple SIP reboot message like
and how can I invoke it from a Asterisk CLI?

If Asterisk is not the best tool for this purpose what is a very simple to
implement SIP stack out there that can do this?

Thanks,