[asterisk-users] Using SIP stack within Asterisk to reboot phones -Possible?

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Dec 27 18:20:32 UTC 2010

  _____

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Bruce B
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 12:08 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] Using SIP stack within Asterisk to reboot phones
-Possible?

Hi Everyone,

I use Asterisk for regularPBX use it's made for. But I want to take it a bit
further and use it at cmmand level to be able to send SIP notifies to
restart a phone or take advantage of a phone's UPnP capabilities. Is
Asterisk capable of that? If so, what is a simple SIP reboot message like
and how can I invoke it from a Asterisk CLI?

If Asterisk is not the best tool for this purpose what is a very simple to
implement SIP stack out there that can do this?

Thanks,

On Polycom phones, you can do "sip notify foo xxx" and it will reboot that
phone, when "foo" is set up per the following link

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+config+sip_notify.conf

I assume it will reset any phone that responds to the check-sync command,
but since I only have Polycom's, this is just a guess.