[asterisk-users] live audio stream in asterisk

Danny Nicholas danny at debsinc.com
Mon Dec 27 16:27:11 UTC 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Arjan Kroon |
Mobillion
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2010 2:57 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] live audio stream in asterisk

Hi Daniel/asterisk users,

You're correct, a typo.

If got now to stream configured in musiconhold.conf

[Hitz]
mode=custom
application=/usr/local/bin/mpg123 -q -s --mono -r 8000 -f 8192 -b 0
http://scfire-dtc-aa02.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1074

[sbs]
mode=custom
application=/usr/local/bin/mpg123 -q -s --mono -r 8000 -f 8192 -b 0
http://www.radioveronica.nl/radioveronicaplayer/radioveronica.asx

If I try to play the Hitz stream, it works correctly and if I try to play
the sbs stream I hear nothing?
	exten => s,n,MusicOnHold(Hitz)
		or
	exten => s,n,MusicOnHold(sbs)

The sbs stream is a mp3 stream with a bitrate of 64/128 kpbs
The Hitz stream I don't know what kind of stream this is?  Maybe someone
knows this?

Does anybody have an idea how the sbs stream must be streamend?

Regards,

Arjan Kroon
Mobillion BV

ASX is ASF (Microsoft Advanced Systems Format).  This format is not
presently supported by mpg123 (as of version 1.13.0).  If you want to use
the ASF stream, you're going to have to either use something besides mpg123
or repackage it into a regular mpeg format.