[asterisk-users] Specifying DID for outbound calls

Stephen Reese rsreese at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 00:03:49 UTC 2010

The host I am working with has two accounts from the same DID
provider. Incoming calls work correctly and dial the appropriate
extensions. This also allows incoming calls to be billed appropriately to the
individual DID accounts.

Outgoing calls from either extension default to the first DID, i.e.
calls from either extension have the same callerID. How can an
extension specify separate outgoing contexts so the correct number is
associated with it, also allowing the SIP provider to recognize the
difference for billing purposes, or is there a better way?

In short I'm looking to associate an outgoing call from an extension
with a specific number.

Here's the sip.conf for both accounts as they are using IP routing,
I'm assuming I do not have to perform auth based to separate the two
accounts for outgoing calls:

[vitel-inbound]
type=friend
dtmfmode=auto