[asterisk-users] Error building network library on OpenSolaris and 1.8.1-rc1

Tilghman Lesher tlesher at digium.com
Wed Dec 8 20:55:57 UTC 2010

On Wednesday 08 December 2010 14:21:57 RR wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> Any one want to take a stab at helping with this please?? All I have
> found so far is that the netsock.c file has code that references to
> taking note when it's being built on a Solaris platform, but since I
> don't understand this a whole lot, I am not sure where to go from
> here...this is the excerpt from the netsock.c file:
>
> *#if defined (SOLARIS)
> #include <sys/sockio.h>
> #elif defined(HAVE_GETIFADDRS)
> #include <ifaddrs.h>
> #endif
> *
> I would've have thought this would have taken care of the issue by
> making sure 'make' handles this correctly but I guess not. Anyone?
> Please?

http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=116059&tstart=105

I suspect we'll have to make a more complex check to verify that the
structure elements are all there.  Please open an issue on
issues.asterisk.org and reference this thread.  We can then put up a
patch that you can use to verify if better detection fixes your issue.
Once verified, the patch will find its way into releases.

--
Tilghman Lesher