[asterisk-users] Error building network library on OpenSolaris and 1.8.1-rc1

RR ranjtech at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 23:57:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Tilghman Lesher <tlesher at digium.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 December 2010 14:21:57 RR wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> > Any one want to take a stab at helping with this please?? All I have
> > found so far is that the netsock.c file has code that references to
> > taking note when it's being built on a Solaris platform, but since I
> > don't understand this a whole lot, I am not sure where to go from
> > here...this is the excerpt from the netsock.c file:
> >
> > *#if defined (SOLARIS)
> > #include <sys/sockio.h>
> > #elif defined(HAVE_GETIFADDRS)
> > #include <ifaddrs.h>
> > #endif
> > *
> > I would've have thought this would have taken care of the issue by
> > making sure 'make' handles this correctly but I guess not. Anyone?
> > Please?
>
> http://opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=116059&tstart=105
>
> I suspect we'll have to make a more complex check to verify that the
> structure elements are all there.  Please open an issue on
> issues.asterisk.org and reference this thread.  We can then put up a
> patch that you can use to verify if better detection fixes your issue.
> Once verified, the patch will find its way into releases.
>
> --
> Tilghman Lesher
> Digium, Inc. | Senior Software Developer
> twitter: Corydon76 | IRC: Corydon76-dig (Freenode)
> Check us out at: www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org

G'day Tilghman,

Thanks for that thread. I guess a few other things broke because of the
change and the consuming application then needs to be a little smarter like
you said (and suggested by darrenr) to detect whether you're on OSOL or
Solaris. Does that mean I should check this same thing out on Solaris 10 as
well and see what happens? I am so lost with the Solaris build environment
as (and I whinged about this earlier too) there is no good way of obtaining
the standard Solaris packages and dependancies and everything just goes all
over the place and then one is left scurrying around to find where the damn
library needs to be for it to compile.

Anyway, I will open an issue and reference this thread and we'll go from
there.

BTW, THANK YOU for taking note of this and trying to help. You guys will
have bottomless beer pitchers paid for if you guys help me get this working
and are ever in the NY area :)

Cheers,
\R